Model H USB Controller Upgrade (IBM Model M)
This conversion kit allows you to replace your IBM Model M's original internal controller board with a modern USB board. This aims to match the footprint of the original controller and plugs into the original keyboard matrix, but exposes a USB port through the original SDL connector.
Thanks to QMK, the keyboard is fully programmable. It ships with a DFU-style bootloader, which can be programmed over USB.
- Non-destructive upgrade - just swap the boards
- Native USB (with type B connector), no adapter required
- Doesn't require original controller
- STM32 ARM Processor @ 72MHz with 64kb flash
- Remappable keys (using QMK configurator)
- Uses open source QMK firmware
- Lower power (50 mA typical)
- Genuine "TE Connectivity Trio-mate" connectors, as used on the original Model M
1 x Model H USB Controller Board (Programmed and ready)
1 x 3D Printed Replacement USB Case Cover
1 x KEEBD Die Cut Sticker
This upgrade controller supports both variants.
Created by John Hawthorn